Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camping in Colorado

My boys, Josh (17) and Wes (14), after ATVing to the top of the mountain. We had soooo much fun and got so dirty. Notice I'm not including a picture of me!
This picture was taken at the top of the mountain. You could see across the continental divide. It was absolutely beautiful!
This picture is of Steamboat Lake near Steamboat Springs, Colorado (a popular skiing resort). The lake was so beautiful and very cold! We rented a boat and took it out on the lake for a day of fishing. These wild daisies were blooming everywhere as far as the eye could see. They were stunning, and this picture really doesn't do them justice!

I'm not really much of a camper. My idea of camping is staying at the resort and taking a warm shower. However, the time with my husband and boys camping (i.e., cooking, fires, talking, reading, fishing) was invaluable time spent with my family. It really was fun, and I'm ready to do it again.

3 comments:

Kasey said...

Sure has been a long time since i've been camping, but looks like you had a blast!
k-

Beth said...

hi bethie !!! i just love your blog and am adding you to my links ! thanks so much for stopping in my blog and sounds like we have alot in common (including our names , so funny !!!) i can't wait till my boys get a little bigger to go on some camping adventures in arizona !!
xo,
beth

Anonymous said...

I miss going camping. We haven't gone in a while, waiting for my boy to get a little bit older. I'm with you, though, a camper would be better than a tent! However, the quality time is priceless! Steamboat looks beautiful--I've never been there--want to go!!